06 February 2009

out of control brownies.

I'm making my third batch of brownies in as many weeks, which is probably a sign that I should share the recipe. I thought about keeping it a secret because it is really that out-of-control kind of good that you want to be able to manipulate people with. But since that's really not my style, here it is.

I adapted the recipe from here. My way, as always, is better.

Out of Control Brownies

  • 1 & 1/2 cups cocoa
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 5 eggs
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1-1/2 cups flour (maybe 2 tablespoons more if you don't want 'em super gooey)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 bag of chocolate chips

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350ish degrees F (I live at altitude in the Olympic Village with a shitty oven that cooks hot-- you might have to adjust). Line a 9 x 13 pan with wax paper for easy cleanup.

Melt butter in the microwave for a minute; set aside. Add the oil to it. In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes. Blend in butter/oil, cocoa, flour and salt until just mixed. Stir in the whole bag of chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and prepare for your life to be changed forever.

Bake for 30-35 minutes. (Don't overbake!!!)

These brownies will earn you the love of your friends and the adoration of your peers.

No comments: