27 November 2008

the 2008 super ultimate list of things i'm grateful for, in no particular order.

I'm grateful for Vicks Chloroseptic Sore Throat spray, even if it makes me feel like my dad-- or maybe because it makes me feel connected to my dad.

I'm grateful for my humidifier, sweats, scarf, Netflix instant movies and soft sweater, all of which make being sick a little less lame.

I'm grateful that I have a great friend who invited me to spend Thanksgiving with her family. That means a lot to me.

I'm grateful to be in Salt Lake even though it is the hardest thing I have ever done.

I'm grateful for all of the opportunities that I have.

I'm grateful that my future is probably more forgiving than I think it is, and that even though I haven't done everything--or anything-- perfectly, I'm grateful that I'm getting to wherever I'm supposed to be.

I'm grateful that I don't feel regret.

I'm grateful to have a good job-- to work for good people and to work with good people is rare.

I'm grateful to be an Aunt, and that just thinking about what that means to me makes me cry.

I'm grateful to be the sum of my parts, which is to say that I am so grateful to be a little piece of everyone in my family.

I'm grateful that I have changed-- or maybe just that I am being more true to who I am. Something to that effect.

I'm grateful for my plane ticket that will get me home in 24 days.

I'm grateful that I have 24 days to get everything done.

I'm grateful that I have much left to learn.

I'm grateful that I encounter so many passionate people because of what I study.

I'm grateful that I have new car tires for winter and a bike that keeps me fit.

I'm grateful that I still have friends that I grew up with, friends I only just met and friends I have yet to meet.

Thanks for reading my blog, and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day with friends, we are having a wonderful meal at the hospital with our "family." Cheers!
This was a good list, you are an amazing woman, strong!