06 May 2008

look at what you missed out on.

If you aren't in Salt Lake today, I feel so sorry for you. If you are in Salt Lake and don't have a bike, I also feel sorry for you. The weather today is unreal-- sunny and hovering at 75 degrees (weather perfection, in my book)-- perfect for shorts and flip flops. There is nothing like feeling the warm wind on my legs while coasting down a hill. During the winter, a ride down the hill made me feel naked; during the spring, the ride makes me wish that I was.

Some scenes I saw on this magical day:

Cute puppeh! I think he wants to come live with me. Too bad he won't fit in my basket so I can live out my Miss Gulch fantasies.

Bike carnage outside the library. Heartbreaking and astoundingly typical.

The fragrance of this flowering tree greets you as exit the bikeavator. Magical.

Mysteriously wet sidewalks.

My lower limbs, freed from the torture of wool, denim and closed toed shoes.

1 comment:

Frederick Ingram said...

I used to visit the U library a bit; amazing scenery up there! And tantalizingly close to the trail.