25 May 2008

journey beyond the zion curtain.

As a matter of personal policy, I try to avoid Provo. It's nothing personal, it just weirds me out and the gas expenditure leaves me racked with guilt. But alas from time to time I simply have to go down there, usually for a much needed library book or just to be social. In last night's case, I hadn't really seen anybody this week beyond my coworker or my roommates, so getting out trumped basically any reservations I have about going down there. I had originally intended to blog about how awesome and entertaining the new Chronicles of Narnia movie is (Prince Caspian is H-O-T! Go see it!) but then my buddy took me to an awesome little place called Sammy's that deserves some serious blog love.

Sammy's is a cool little hamburger place filled with bar stool seating and all the standard acoutrements required for their genre. However, the way they do it is unreal. I recall this little edited-down chat I had with the owner, Sammy:

S: How's everything?
M: This is the best milkshake I've ever had. It's so creamy.
S: We put fresh whipped cream in them.
M: (Starts to weep little foodie tears of joy inside)

Their sweet potato fries are also amazing, and are of course served with plenty of fry sauce. I didn't do it, but you can also get your milkshake with a slice of pie mixed in. Basically they take anything you could have wanted in a little hamburger place and make it better-- at a beautifully low price. And they are open until 2am! If there was anything that was ever wasted on the teetotalers of P-town, Sammy's is it. Best incentive to go down to the Rival School for research *ever*.

No comments: