22 May 2008

i am so lazy i don't even write real posts anymore.

"I think most people who maintain blogs are doing it for some of the same reasons I do: they like the idea that there’s a place where a record of their existence is kept — a house with an always-open door where people who are looking for you can check on you, compare notes with you and tell you what they think of you. Sometimes that house is messy, sometimes horrifyingly so. In real life, we wouldn’t invite any passing stranger into these situations, but the remove of the Internet makes it seem O.K. Of course, some people have always been more naturally inclined toward oversharing than others. Technology just enables us to overshare on a different scale."

--Emily Gould on why people blog . I agree, more or less, but I try to temper the overshare. Really. Though you know, I find I have a lot less to write about since I achieved some kind of weird and unfamiliar equilibrium with my roommates and like, got regulated and de-stressed and everything. I mean, I could tell you about all the stuff I've been up to while I hang out with myself, but that sounds so loser-y.

Read this. Then listen to this. Laugh. Feel guilty for mocking people. Wonder where you can get some sunglasses like that. Repeat.

This makes me happy. Not because I have ever cared about American Idol or even watched it (I recognize those two things aren't mutually exclusive) but come on! Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. make excellent Pips.

One of these days, I am going to write an actual post. For reals. In the mean time, this song is stuck in my head AGAIN so I'm finally linking it. Argh. must.find.something.else.to.listen.to. (beware, it is offensive, but oh so fun to blast on the way to the Wal-Mart in west Salt Lake.)

Oh and btw, this is a great way to kill time. I recommend inputing the names of ex-boyfriends to current sorta but not-boyfriends or favorite beverages or perhaps your own name and why you are better than a squirrel, a chicken mcnugget etc. Not that I have done this. And not that I would tell you if I had because that would be a total overshare.

No comments: