11 April 2008

yay.

Today I learned that there is, in the budget for my work project, enough money for my project to pay for a graduate assistantship!!!

I can't tell you how relieved I am. My confidence had been in the toilet for the last week or two, but between a cool summer seminar opportunity I heard about yesterday (if I get accepted, my paper gets published in a book!) and this, I am feeling a lot better about the path I'm on. A lot less "wo to me, I might have to sell my ovaries to pay my student loans" and a lot more of the usual "behold the many innumerable opportunities before me!" (especially with significantly smaller student loans!) Yay!

I also found out that one of my work colleagues got funded at her top choice of the thirteen schools she applied to! It's possible! Dreams can be achieved! Yay!

So many good feelings today. Now I just have to get some work done (I need to milk this enthusiasm for all it's worth!) so I can go skiing tomorrow at Alta on a free pass! Yay for learning new things! For cheap! On the best snow in the world! Yay!

(excuse the absolutely off-the-hook exclamation points. I'm sure the misery laden somber ...'s will be back tomorrow :P )

No comments: