09 March 2008

rides of march, part one.

If you couldn't tell by the tone and quantity of my posts this week, I'll be forthright-- it's been a shit week here in gradschoolland. I got sick, I got busy, I was under a lot of pressure (still am) and I suffered a significant disappointment. Consequently, I haven't taken the Red Rider out since last month. Plagued by guilt and continuing to stall on my myriad of assignments due in the next four days, I decided that I would be a good bike owner and take my bike out. As it is rumored that some quality bike action is on tap for the trip home, I decided that a series chronicling some of my bike activities this month would be appropriate-- if anything, to make it up to my bike for all that neglect.

Tonight I did a typical ride around campus. This is the view across the street from where I work:


Pretty sweet, eh?

As I made my way down the hill through campus, I was surprised by the flurry of activity taking place outside the Marriott Library. Granted I wasn't that surprised, because I have
found that the local youth are generally pretty creative with their use of campus property (i.e using the bike-avator as a hotbox). Nonetheless, I think the Spork Party would be pleased that somebody momentarily gave a rat's ass about the stupid ASUU campaign advertisements polluting our campus:


It's blurry, I know, but here you can see that they had also entered the library construction area to get some wood so they could do sweet jumps. I was pretty amused. Click on the bottom picture and you will see that they are on Razor scooters.


No comments: