05 March 2008

melon meltdown madness.

I had a meltdown today. Not the old-fashioned sobbing hysterics that used to characterize my meltdowns... it was actually more of a shutdown. I just couldn't take my day, or my week, my cold or the pressures of school.

Naturally I wound up at the craft store looking for something else to do.

I read about Sublime Stitching on Apartment Therapy last week and was duly impressed with the images of say, flying devil spawn and the possibility of them adorning my tea towels. So I got some embroidery gear and went to our magical City Library and checked out the Sublime Stitching pattern book. While the contents of the book are not nearly as subversive or quite as awesome as the website, you can just iron them straight on the fabric and set to stitching.

I made this with the help of some Kozy Shack tapioca pudding and my reading glasses:


There was something satisfying about finishing something that would be evaluated by no one else but me.

Needless to say, I can't wait for Spring Break.

No comments: