20 May 2008

the best show you aren't watching.

Weeds. I know you aren't watching it because everyone I know is too cheap for Showtime or lives somewhere where they can't get it and well, I just don't think you are watching it because nobody ever talks about its greatness. The only other I person I know who watches it is the professor who recommended it to me, and now that I have watched two seasons of it over the course of something shy of a week, I am completely sucked in.*

Anyways, you should be watching it because who doesn't want to watch a strong widowed suburban mother deal with the day to day dramas of being a drug dealer? Especially as the shit hits the fan with a little more force with each successive episode? Sure beats all those frigging uninventive hospital shows out there. The third season comes out on dvd on June 3rd and I am in complete suspense... what on earth will I do until then? Oh... that's right. Research. And reading about doubting polygamists. I love summer!



*Ah, the glories of instant streaming through my Netflix account.

No comments: